When selecting prescription glasses, you certainly want the best. AR coating glasses are one of the best kind that you can find in the market. If you have no idea what AR coatings are, you are in the right place. This article will provide you the advantages and disadvantages of AR coatings.
- One of the main benefits of using AR coatings is that it helps in reducing eye fatigue at work. This type of coating is designed in a way that it will protect the eyes of those people who work on computers for a long period of time. This kind of work can cause some considerable eye strain. But with the use of AR coating, your eyes will be protected from the glare.
- Another benefit of AR coating is that it upholds cosmetic perks. People who use AR coating look better because they will not see the reflections in their prescription glasses. Hence, it increases the visibility of their eyes. Consequently, they will have enhanced eye contact with other people and they will not be hampered by the reflections that cause irritation. This makes AR coating perfect for people who do a lot of public speaking. So if you want to look photogenic, AR coating glasses are perfect for you.
- Compared to regular lenses, AR coating glasses are more durable. They tend to last longer and they are exceptionally resistant to scratches. It has also high resistance against dirt and water.
- Compared to uncoated lenses and regular glasses, AR coatings provide you clearer and sharper vision. This vision is way more brilliant and natural compared to uncoated lenses.
- If you are also fond of watching movies and series for a long period of time everyday, AR coating is also the perfect lens for you. This coating is very helpful in reducing eye fatigue. The anti glare coating has the ability to eliminate the light that can cause your eyes to become tired.
Despite the benefits of using AR coatings, there are also some drawbacks. Some of those include the following:
- AR coatings are generally not recommended for reading glasses that rest on the low bridge of your nose.
- The lenses also warn more frequently. This is because of the lower coast of AR coatings.
- AR coatings can also look dirty because of the clearness if the lenses. The dirt on AR coatings tends to be noticeable because of the clearness of the lenses.
- You have to clean your lenses or glasses from time to time so you won’t look awkward to other people.
- It is not advisable to use any cloth to clean AR coated lenses. You need to use microfiber cloth. Using other types of cloth might damage your lens.
Overall, AR coatings are one of the best lenses that you can find in the market. However, when choosing prescription glasses, it is advisable to choose a reputable company so you can ensure the quality of the product. You can visit https://www.evaporatedcoatings.com/anti-reflection-coatings/
for more options.